[infinispan-dev] Event log

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 09:53:21 EST 2015

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 4:27 PM, Sanne Grinovero <sanne at infinispan.org> wrote:
> On 13 November 2015 at 14:11, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com> wrote:
>> On 13/11/2015 14:53, Gustavo Fernandes wrote:
>>> Not sure about local caches, what about log retention when the node dies?
>>
>> I wanted a solution which can suffer splits and not adversely affect the
>> cluster otherwise. But I'm open for counterarguments.
>
> The indexer can be a service which lives independently from
> Infinispan; ELK would be one of the options, but there are others
> already (JGroups, JMS).
> But obviously you'd have a problem when the grid is fine, but there's
> a split between the Infinispan grid and such service..
> configuring an embedded local Lucene indexer would be better.
>
> When using the JMS backend we have the option to store the logs
> locally and replicate them to ELK when the connection to ELK is
> restored; you'd need JMS for that one to work, but it should be easy
> to implement a similar thing using a simplified disk journal. I guess
> what I'm staying is that the Search back-end is pluggable, and having
> one which tries remote first or logs to disk otherwise should be easy
> (and a welcome reusable backend for other circumstances).

+1 to use a local cache by default, and maybe support additional
(async) replication to another service.

Tristan, can the users configure WildFly/Infinispan Server to use
another logging service instead of Log4J2? If yes, perhaps
implementing this functionality with custom appenders is not a good
idea...

Cheers
Dan