[infinispan-dev] The "Triangle" pattern for reducing Put latency

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Fri Nov 27 05:18:33 EST 2015

On 11/27/2015 11:12 AM, Radim Vansa wrote:
> The update needs to be applied to *all* owners before the call returns
> on O. With your strategy, P could apply update, send ACK but the async
> backup updates would not be delivered on Bs; so an ACKed update would
> get completely lost.

Err, I forgot to say that P crashes after sending the ACK, but before
making sure that updates are delivered to B.

One thing about relying on JGroups FIFO is that as it's not per-key,
single message lost on network will delay *all* other updates before the
resend kicks in and sorts it out. That's not a very appealing
characteristics, and as we seem to be in need for versions on entries
for different purposes as well, I would rather do the ordering in
Infinispan and let JGroups handle only the reliability.

R.

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss Performance Team