[infinispan-dev] Consolidating temporary per-key data

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Mon Nov 30 16:54:07 EST 2015

I am not sure there is an easy way to consolidate these into a single map,
since some of these are written to on reads, some on writes and sometimes
conditionally written to.  And then as Dan said they are cleaned up at
different times possibly.

We could do something like states (based on which ones would have written
to the map), but I think it will get quite complex, especially if we ever
add more of these map type requirement.

On a similar note, I had actually thought of possibly moving the expiration
check out of the data container and into the entry wrapping interceptor or
the likes.  This would allow for us to remove the expiration map completely
since we could only raise the extra expiration commands on a read and not
writes.  But this would change the API and I am thinking we can only do
this for 9.0.