[infinispan-dev] Data container resizing

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Tue Oct 6 07:13:59 EDT 2015

Hey Tristan!

See comments inlined.

Thanks
Sebastian

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 10:36 AM, Tristan Tarrant <ttarrant at redhat.com>
wrote:

> - configuration: easy, register a listener with the attribute so that
> invoking configuration.eviction().size (newSize) does a resize of the data
> container

+1, looks like a simple solution that might do the job.

> - server already exposes the size in the management model,  we just need
> to change its behaviour so that the change is "live". In this context the
> change is also persisted to the xml configuration

+1, I like this approach however it may confuse our users a little bit.
Maybe we should have a flag in configuration (disabled by default) which
would enable persisting changes back into xml?

> - Jmx: do we want a writable "capacity" attribute or a resize operation?
> And do we want it on the cache mbean or on a new data container mbean? And
> should the change affect the configuration object too, i.e. invoking
> configuration.eviction().size () should return the new value? For symmetry
> with server we should.

+1 for writable attribute. This would fix nicely into configuration
listeners. How about exposing new Configuration MBean with all writable
configuration attributes?
+1 for staying symmetric with our solution.