[infinispan-dev] Hidden failures in the testsuite

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Sep 9 06:33:25 EDT 2015

Hi all,
sorry for the slow reply, I can't get to test Infinispan very often lately.

On top of previously reported issues - which I still have - today I
also noticed this one:

[UnitTestTestNGListener] Test
testPutTimeout(org.infinispan.client.hotrod.ClientSocketReadTimeoutTest)
failed.
Sep 09, 2015 11:28:16 AM
io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$2 run
WARNING: Unexpected exception from an event executor:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded

Unless surefire overrides it, all my Maven jobs are assigned 2GB of
heap. I know that's not huge but I prefer it to be conservative to
serve as "canary".

Is that known to be not enough anymore, or worth looking for memory issues?

Thanks,
Sanne