[infinispan-dev] XSite Hot Rod client failover wiki

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Wed Sep 9 12:24:06 EDT 2015

Regarding the special server response to failover to another site, this
could also be used in rolling upgrade scenarios, if it were possible to
have the server send the new site addresses:

- create a new cluster, pointing it to the old one using the remote
cache store
- the old cluster sends the failover response to the clients with the
addresses of the new cluster

However this requires the various sites to be able to pass their
topology info between each other... but it is just a cache :)

Tristan

On 07/09/2015 18:26, Galder Zamarreno wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've written a wiki describing how XSite Hot Rod client failover could work [1].
>
> If you have any comments/doubts/question, please reply :)
>
> Cheers,
>
> [1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/wiki/XSite-Failover-for-Hot-Rod-clients
> --
> Galder Zamarreño