[infinispan-dev] Weekly IRC meeting minutes 2015-09-14

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 07:32:48 EDT 2015

Hi Bela

I was able to reuse the configuration created by IntelliJ and run my
test in a loop outside the IDE, until I reproduced it. Unfortunately,
when I was tracing all of JGroups, it was also harder to reproduce,
the test JVM was crashing a lot, and I also had problems loading the
trace in the IDE.

I'll see if I can get a demo working for the November meeting, but
this was how I managed to reproduce it:

1. Figure out where the chronon configuration and recording are
stored, in my case:
CHRONON_DIR=$HOME/.IntelliJIdea14/system/chronon-recordings/2015_09_08_FullSyncWriteSkewTotalOrderTest_testPut1/

2. Copy the agent parameters from the IntelliJ console to
MAVEN_FORK_OPTS (this is Infinispan-specific, if maven-surefire isn't
forking you can use MAVEN_OPTS instead):
export MAVEN_FORK_OPTS="-javaagent:$HOME/.IntelliJIdea14/config/plugins/chronon/lib/recorder/recorder-3.70.0.200.jar=$CHRONON_DIR/config.txt
-agentpath:$HOME/.IntelliJIdea14/config/plugins/chronon/lib/recorder/native/librecorderagent64-3.0.7.so
-noverify"

3. Run these in a loop until you get a test failure:
rm -rf $CHRONON_DIR/*/ \
mvn test -pl core
'-Dtest=org.infinispan.tx.totalorder.simple.dist.FullSyncWriteSkewTotalOrderTest#testPut'

4. Open $CHRONON_DIR in IntelliJ with Run -> Open Chronon Recording.

5. Enjoy debugging backwards in time... Well, I haven't got to the
point where I enjoy it yet, but I think I made some progress :)

Cheers
Dan