[infinispan-dev] Lambda's & Batching

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Wed Sep 30 18:16:33 EDT 2015

A local cache with batching enabled produces this:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot create a transactional
context without a valid Transaction instance.
at org.infinispan.context.TransactionalInvocationContextFactory.createInvocationContext(TransactionalInvocationContextFactory.java:69)
at org.infinispan.context.TransactionalInvocationContextFactory.createInvocationContext(TransactionalInvocationContextFactory.java:63)
at org.infinispan.functional.impl.ReadWriteMapImpl.eval(ReadWriteMapImpl.java:56)
at org.infinispan.lucene.impl.FileListOperations.addFileName(FileListOperations.java:60)
(<-- experimental uncommitted code here)

I'm guessing the eval implementations is needing the
"auto-transaction-start" semantics which we normally have for other
operations in a batching cache... right?

But I wonder about the usefulness of having a short lived batching
context when all I'm doing is sending a lambda to a specific entry:
wouldn't it be even better to treat this as a no-context operation?

Thanks,
Sanne