[infinispan-dev] The final part of CDI split

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Tue Apr 19 17:16:53 EDT 2016

Hey!

In Infinispan 8 series we split CDI into common, remote and embedded. In
order to preserve backwards compatibility we decided to leave embedded and
common code in "org.infinispan.cdi" package. See [1] for more details.

Now in Infinispan 9 I'm planning to move the bits to proper packages as
proposed in [2]. Since CDI does most of the job behind the scenes, most of
the use cases will preserve backwards compatibility apart from using
embedded CDI extension from JBoss Modules. In that case one will need to
change his dependency in MANIFEST.MF (or deployment-structure.xml) from
"org.infinispan.cdi" to "org.infinispan.cdi.embedded", which is more
descriptive in my opinion.

Does anyone has any arguments against this change?

Thanks
Sebastian

[1]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4249#issuecomment-211910849