[infinispan-dev] Remote execute null return (ISPN-6406)

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 11:00:16 EDT 2016

I think this is pretty common problem [3].

On the other hand most of the users won't be interested in distinguishing
nulls from empty strings (at least in my opinion). So how about leaving it
as is by default and creating some configuration parameter for using new
status code as you suggested (just in case someone would have to
distinguish those two).

This way we would be somewhat backwards compatible and we would have a
rescue option for some users who would need this feature.

[3] http://blog.bdoughan.com/2012/04/binding-to-json-xml-handling-null.html