[infinispan-dev] Status 2016/04/25

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 08:30:55 EDT 2016

Hey!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it for today's IRC meeting (if there
will be one), so here is my status:

   - ISPN-5721 SNI implementation is done (2 PRs sent [1][2]). Both PRs are
   waiting for review.
   - I'm planning to write some blog post as soon as they are merged.
   - This week I'll concentrate on setting up Openshift environment on my
   local laptop and investigating the best way to implement:
      - a Hotrod server image.
         - At the moment the best way is to create a new example and ask
         Openshift team to put it under their Github organization [3].
This way it
         will be tested by their testsuite (!!!).
         - Cloud Enablement team also plans to do some work with this area
         but I couldn't get any meaningful information.
         - The first iteration of the image might be really quick and dirty
         (just to start moving forward with other things)
      - investigating Config Map [4] and how this might help with Hotrod
      server configuration.
      - accessing the data from different pods (Hotrod cluster is in Pod A
      and clients are in Pod B)
      - think a little bit about multi tenancy (a quick and dirty solution
      would be to prefix caches with cache containers but maybe there
is a better
      way)
   - Plus, as usual, some small bug fixes, CI maintenance and product
   related work.

That's all from me.

Thanks!
Sebastian