[infinispan-dev] Style errors :(

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Wed Aug 17 02:36:31 EDT 2016

Infinispan, Red Hat

> On 17 Aug 2016, at 01:01, Adrian Nistor <anistor at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> The master branch was building fine anyway because checkstyle does not seem to be included in default lifecycle yet, so I'm not sure why this generates so much commotion.

Hmmm, when I execute "mvn -DskipTests=true clean install --projects core -am", it appears as part of the default lifecycle:

Here: https://gist.github.com/galderz/16b126afaf6adb801473ac58c1d5e504#file-gistfile1-txt-L96
Here: https://gist.github.com/galderz/16b126afaf6adb801473ac58c1d5e504#file-gistfile1-txt-L156
And here: https://gist.github.com/galderz/16b126afaf6adb801473ac58c1d5e504#file-gistfile1-txt-L356

> But we should stop being lenient about these checkstyle violations and fail the build from now on. ATM there are no more violations for the currently enabled rules, so it is about time :).

I'm happy for that, as long as the IDEs can quickly fix those. I'm not manually handrolling things to make checkstyle happy :|