[infinispan-dev] Optional in listener events

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Mon Aug 22 04:31:00 EDT 2016

Hi Radim,

Continuous query is built on top of these listeners. CQ _always_ needs
the previous value and it is very convenient in this case that the
command is forced to load the previous value. I imagine there may be
other use cases where we cannot live without the prev value.

I think the listener should be able to state if it needs the prev value
at registration time. Maybe add a new attribute in the Listener
annotation? Similar to how we handled Observation.

Adrian