[infinispan-dev] Unwrapping exceptions

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Aug 29 11:53:40 EDT 2016

When enhancing functional API implementation, I've stumbled upon the way
the exceptions from lambdas should be thrown to user code.

Intuitively I've expected that when my lambda throws an exception, I'll
catch it from cache.eval(...). That may be the case when the lambda is
still executed locally, but when it goes remote, the exception is
wrapped into RemoteException etc.

In the past, exceptions being thrown were a matter of failure inside
Infinispan, but what about here? User does not need to know where the
functional expression has been executed, so it seems to me that he
should get the exception directly.

WDYT?

Radim

--