[infinispan-dev] Default cache

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 11:26:42 EST 2016

There is a valid point to Paul's suggestion:

Caches created via createCache() should be managed by the app itself, which would make it more symmetrical. It'd  be asymmetrical for a cache created by the user code to be managed by the server itself. If you create something, you should destroy it yourself.

However, we can't really change the behaviour of getCache() to not return caches created via createCache(). If we did that in the JCache impl, we'd break the API. We could have JCache impl adhere to that, but have Infinispan getCache() behave the way Paul suggests. Since we would be adding createCache() for the first time to Infinispan Cache, in theory we're free to define how to deal with caches created via createCache() the way we want. That we'd deviate from JCache would be unfortunate but the right thing.

Thoughts?
Infinispan, Red Hat