[infinispan-dev] New blog post

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Fri Dec 9 15:30:43 EST 2016

If that's a remote query, it will send over the wire the Ickle string,
right? Then it's not a prepared statement as I see it, since the server
will have to parse that string again. By prepared statement I would
expect sending only identifier (+params), and the server could only
look-up a table of prepared statements to get the underlying (Lucene?)
representation, and maybe a recipe for more effective unmarshalling of
parameters.

If any of my assumptions are wrong, please correct me, I haven't played
with querying for a long time.

Radim

On 12/09/2016 04:29 PM, Adrian Nistor wrote:
> Hi Radim,
>
> We already need them and almost have them. QueryFactory.create(String
> queryString) creates a Query object that can be executed multiple times
> with different params. The Query object could be considered 'prepared'.
> In theory.
>
> In reality this does not work right now because the internals are only
> implemented half way. Thanks for reminding me to finish it :)
>
> Adrian
>
> On 12/08/2016 06:20 PM, Radim Vansa wrote:
>> Nice! I wonder when we'll find out that we need prepared statements, though.
>>
>> R.
>>
>> On 12/08/2016 05:11 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>>> Thank you so much and congratulations Adrian! That's a huge leap forward
>>>
>>> -- Sanne

Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss Performance Team