[infinispan-dev] Infinispan and change data capture

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Dec 15 08:36:44 EST 2016

On 12/12/16 16:13, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> In short, what's the ultimate goal?

I think that is the most important question, and we really need to make
sure that the requirements are such that they fit with Infinispan's
model, or they can achieved without fundamentally turning Infinispan
into something it is not.

Ultimately this is about making a scalable transaction log with variable
durability which can be regularly rebased if we can be certain that
consumers have kept up. Does Debezium provide a checkpoint notification
mechanism to implement this ?
Such a log needs to reliably survive both "normal" rebalancing (+/- 1
node) as well as downscaling of the cluster (i.e. the remaining nodes
will still need to hold the log for when the cluster was bigger until
rebase time).

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant