[infinispan-dev] Progress with Java9 testing

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Mon Feb 1 07:18:56 EST 2016

Hi all,
some roadblocks have been solved. Most notably:

 - ISPN-6090: The Meta-Inf annotation processor which we use was fixed.
 - WildFly 10 had a problem which would prevent it from booting,
version 10.0.0.Final is out now and works fine so integration tests
should work fine now (when you upgrade).
 - ISPN-6085: Avoid using sun.misc.VM

The next blocker is:

 [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.scala-tools:maven-scala-plugin:2.15.2:script (generate-blueprint)
on project infinispan-core: wrap:
org.apache.commons.exec.ExecuteException: Process exited with an
error: 1(Exit value: 1) -> [Help 1]

Could someone of our Scala experts volunteer please?

https://jdk9.java.net/download/

Critical dependencies such as JBoss Logger, Hibernate Search, Lucene,
already are fully compatible so what are you all waiting for :)
I met the OpenJDK team over the weekend at FOSDEM and they reminded
once more that they are ready to help and eager to address feedback;
but if you all wait for the Final to be shipped to test it that's
going to be too late to address some of the changes which are
happening.

Thanks,
Sanne