[infinispan-dev] Infinispan Javascript client 0.1.0 is out now!

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 04:31:22 EST 2016

Just checked the readme, and TBH I wouldn't be too enthusiastic about
the deep nesting of chained operations (basically each follow-up
operation requires further level of nesting). Is that the way async
handlers are usually written in JS?

Last few weeks I am working with Gatling and the syntax to describe
scenarios = chained operations is quite nice (though it's Scala). Would
it be possible to have a syntax like this?

connected
     .then(function(client) {
         client.put('key', 'value');
     .then(function(client) {
         client.get('key').use(function(value) {
             console.log(':get(`key`) = ' + value);
         }).save('p0'); // this would be the same as use(function(value)
{ client.save('p0') })
     }.
     .then(function(client)) {
         client.remove('key', client.load('p0')).use(function(success) {
             console.log(':remove(`key`) = ' + success);
         });
     }).exec();

Note that I've used conditional remove to demonstrate load of previously
saved value. Also, I am mixing the concept of client = cache and
session, but maybe these could go to single object.

Just my 2c

Radim

On 02/18/2016 12:04 PM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Following on Tristan's anouncement, we've also released Infinispan Javascript client version 0.1.0. You can read all about it here:
> http://blog.infinispan.org/2016/02/infinispan-javascript-client-010-is-out.html
>
> Cheers,
> --
> Galder Zamarreño