[infinispan-dev] Compatibility mode vs TaskContext#getCache

Michal Szynkiewicz mszynkie at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 07:09:05 EST 2016

Hi,

Based on TaskManager used for scripting tasks, I have implemented
deployable server (Java) tasks.

Having cache configured this way: [1], Anna has written a test which checks
if keys and values in the cache need marshalling or not and reported that
this doesn't work as expected.

After some investigation I found out, that if I acquire cache via
cacheManager (e.g.
taskContext.getCache().get().getCacheManager().getCache()), the instance
operates on proper values (in other words, keys and values don't need
marshalling/unmarshalling).
In the case of taskContext.getCache().get(), keys and values need to be
processed by Marshaller.

The cache behind both seems to be the same, a value put in one of them is
visible in both.

I would really appreciate some tips how to solve it.

The test uses RemoteCacheManager#getCache().execute(...) to execute the
task.

Thanks,
Michał

[1]