[infinispan-dev] jdk8backported package

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 09:15:39 EST 2016

Unfortunately this isn't really possible to remove these classes.  They
have additional changes over and above the jdk8 classes.  We could move it
into a different package though if we wanted to.

To be honest the only reason this is still really needed is for the
BoundedConcurrentHashMapV8.  I have been talking with Dan on and off for a
while about even possibly looking into using a different map implementation
(such as caffeine or something else equivalent).  We haven't looked into it
very seriously though.

We could look into this more if people think we want to tackle that.

 - Will