[infinispan-dev] Persisted state

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Thu Jul 28 09:59:49 EDT 2016

Hi,

in what situations is the state (ATM just version + cache topologies)
meant to be persisted? I guess it's necessary with non-shared cache
stores, but should it be persisted with shared one, too?

And what are the guarantees during writing that state down? (e.g. can
you make sure that no operations are executed when persisting?)

My problem is that for scattered cache, I need to persist highest
version for each segment, or I have to iterate through cache store when
starting - that's kind of forced preload. It's even worse - during
regular preload, cache topology is not installed yet, and as I've found,
I can't do that in @Start annotated method because I need to find
segment for each key and cache topology can be installed even later than
in STMI.start() (when the persistent state is being loaded, the response
to join may not contain the cache topology).

Radim

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>
JBoss Performance Team