[infinispan-dev] Removal of auto-detection of indexed entities

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Fri Mar 11 08:00:05 EST 2016

Hi Sanne,

yes, but there is a small unsolved issue ATM and the implementation
needs more polishing before we get to Ispn 9.0; infinispan and probably
search too will need a bit more tweaking.

Current approach is that the search factory is first created with 0
classes and then after initialization of the cache and the index manager
has completed we reconfigure the search factory again, exactly once, and
all known indexed classes are added at once. We cannot add the indexed
classes at the initial creation time because that would cause infinispan
directory to try to create the needed caches (for locking, metadata,...)
while the user's cache has not even finished initializing. These leads
to deadlock in our component registry. This approach if far more
efficient and less error prone than the previous but still not ideal.

Adrian