[infinispan-dev] Distributed Counter Discussion

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 03:38:37 EDT 2016

On 15/03/2016 08:00, Bela Ban wrote:
> What are the requirements? To offer a cluster wide counter from an
> Infinispan cache? Or is this going to be used internally, by Infinispan?

The starting point is a requirement by apiman as a way to manage
throttling/quotas. Currently their requirement is not particularly
strict (i.e. synchronous), but they would like the ability to reset a
counter and possibly to receive an event when a certain threshold is
reached.

Obviously we'd like to cater to more use-cases, so the design should
take that into account.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant