[infinispan-dev] Distributed Counter Discussion

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 08:57:31 EDT 2016

On 03/15/2016 12:58 PM, Pedro Ruivo wrote:

> On 03/14/2016 09:27 PM, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
>> Rather than a split organized on the backing implementation details,
>> I'd prefer to see a split based on purpose of the counter.
> So, what about multiple CounterManager where in each implementation we
> specified what semantic the Counter created ensures?

Please, don't do that. Different implementation = does the same thing
but has different internals. If it has different semantics (does
something different), use different interface. This way users will just
swap in 'more performant' implementation without thinking about the
consequences.

My 2c

R.

--