[infinispan-dev] ISPN embedded tutorial broken

Vojtech Juranek vjuranek at redhat.com
Tue Mar 15 18:15:14 EDT 2016

Hi,
I noticed that ISPN embedded tutorial (weather app) [1] is broken. It fails
with NPE when fetching weather information from OpenWeatherMap. It's broken as
OpenWeatherMap started to request user registration [2]. I checked couple of
other free weather service (like Weather underground, Yahoo Weather, World
weather online) and all of them seem to require some kind of user
registration.

Shall we register on OpenWeatherMap (I didn't investigate if API token can be
pushed to GitHub) or switch to RandomWeatherService as default service?

Thanks
Vojta

[1] http://infinispan.org/tutorials/embedded/
[2] http://openweathermap.org/faq#error401