[infinispan-dev] Distributed Executor remote cancellation

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Wed Mar 30 12:40:08 EDT 2016

You can still attempt to cancel a task.  This email is specifically about
interruption though.  Let me explain the nuances in a bit more detail.

With the suggestion we would still fully support if the task hasn't yet
started that it would be cancellable.

However when you cancel a task, there is an mayInterruptIfRunning boolean. I
f mayInterruptIfRunning is true and the task is already running it will try
to interrupt the thread processing it.  This is what this email trail is
about.  We all know that java interruption can be flaky to begin with and
then adding a remote aspect to it, it becomes even more unreliable.

So do you guys think we need to support "interrupting" a task in progress?

 - Will