[infinispan-dev] Multi tenancy support for Infinispan

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Tue May 10 04:59:02 EDT 2016

Not sure I like the introduction of another component at the front.

My original idea for allowing the client to choose the container was:

- with TLS: use SNI to choose the container
- without TLS: enhance the PING operation of the Hot Rod protocol to
also take the server name. This would need to be a requirement when
exposing multiple containers over the same endpoint.

 From a client API perspective, there would be no difference between the
above two approaches: just specify the server name and depending on the
transport, select the right one.

Tristan

On 29/04/2016 17:29, Sebastian Laskawiec wrote:
> Dear Community,
>
> Please have a look at the design of Multi tenancy support for Infinispan
> [1]. I would be more than happy to get some feedback from you.
>
> Highlights:
>
>   * The implementation will be based on a Router (which will be built
>     based on Netty)
>   * Multiple Hot Rod and REST servers will be attached to the router
>     which in turn will be attached to the endpoint
>   * The router will operate on a binary protocol when using Hot Rod
>     clients and path-based routing when using REST
>   * Memcached will be out of scope
>   * The router will support SSL+SNI
>
> Thanks
> Sebastian