[infinispan-dev] Adding tests for new cache mode

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Tue May 17 08:10:28 EDT 2016

Hi,

I've decided to start working on Scattered Cache [1][2] POC. I'd like to
use most of the tests for distributed mode, but just extending
DistXxxTest with ScatteredXxxTest and overriding getCacheMode() seems
quite inelegant, though this is a common practice for repl/dist tests. I
had similar problem with Simple Cache, but I didn't need as many tests
for that.

@Parameters are not used as much in our testsuite - is there any reason
for that? And is there any better way, if I want just test everything
and exclude those tests where it does not make sense to run the test as
well?

Suggestions are welcome.

Radim

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-6645