[infinispan-dev] ClusteredGetCommand vs. SingleRpcCommand

Dan Berindei dan.berindei at gmail.com
Wed May 18 10:33:51 EDT 2016

I wasn't present in the JBoss Cache days either, but I'm guessing it's
to allow "special" processing of the command and/or results outside of
the interceptor chain. It also saves a bit on the marshalling cost, as
the serialization of SingleRpcCommand isn't terribly efficient.

In general, I wouldn't want to force all commands to be
VisitableCommands -- especially custom commands that our interceptors
probably don't know how to deal with. And TransactionBoundaryCommands
go through the chain, but they look up the transaction and create an
invocation context based on it, and I'm not sure that logic would fit
in SingleRpcCommand.

But I remember how long it took me to get used to the back-and-forth
between GetKeyValueCommand and ClusteredGetCommand, so I'm all for
removing ClusteredGetCommand.

Cheers
Dan