[infinispan-dev] Names, names, names...

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Thu Nov 3 06:49:29 EDT 2016

Hi all,

So far we have: IQL, Ickle, QuIL, YAQL, LQID, INAQL, INQL, WTF, NSFW,
KMFDM.

I do not like acronyms that are not straight forward. They should really
be the initials of the simplest description of what the thing is. In
this case the acceptable one would be : Infinispan Query Language =>
IQL. Unfortunately this seems to mean different things to different
people. So let's forget about acronyms and go with ... *Ickle*
[1][2][3], proposed by Tristan.

A very respectable bearded fellow once said: "There are only two hard
things in Computer Science: cache invalidation and naming things." So
let's use this as an excuse and dare to (maybe) settle on a less than
perfect name :). At least it is a damn cute one.

Thanks Tristan for the name!
Cheers!

[1] http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ickle
[2] http://www.dictionary.com/browse/ickle