[infinispan-dev] Proposal - encrypted cache

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Fri Nov 25 07:32:03 EST 2016

Hey!

A while ago I stumbled upon [1]. The article talks about encrypting data
before they reach the server, so that the server doesn't know how to
decrypt it. This makes the data more secure.

The idea is definitely not new and I have been asked about something
similar several times during local JUGs meetups (in my area there are lots
of payments organizations who might be interested in this).

Of course, this can be easily done inside an app, so that it encrypts the
data and passes a byte array to the Hot Rod Client. I'm just thinking about
making it a bit easier and adding a default encryption/decryption mechanism
to the Hot Rod client.

What do you think? Does it make sense?

Thanks
Sebastian