[infinispan-dev] WF Swarm - first approach

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 09:04:35 EDT 2016

Hey!

I've created very short demo of WF Swarm and Infinispan Embedded mode:
https://github.com/slaskawi/infinispan-wf-swarm-example/tree/master

I have a couple of thoughts after doing this demo:

   - Wildfly Swarm generator [2] allows to add Infinispan integration
   module. Unfortunately it doesn't provide Infinispan classes to the
   classpath (one needs to add infinispan-core in provided scope for example).
   I created JIRA to fix this [3].
   - We should probably make JPA (Hibernate) an optional dependency.
   Created JIRA for it [4].
   - Injecting beans into JAX-RS classes require
   using org.wildfly.swarm:jaxrs-cdi. This will be addressed at WF Swarm side
   [5].

I must admit, implementing this demo was a really nice experience (there
were some problems, but with Martin's and Tomas' help I managed to work
them out (thanks a lot guys!)).

If you have some time, please experiment with the demo code and tell me
what you think. If there won't be any comments, I plan to write a small
blog entry about WF Swarm and Infinispan.

Thanks
Sebastian

[2] http://wildfly-swarm.io/generator/
[3] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7071