[infinispan-dev] Names, names, names...

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Oct 17 03:07:43 EDT 2016

Hi all,

something trivial and fun for a Monday morning.

I've just issued a PR [1] to update the codename for Infinispan 9.0.

And while we're at it, let's give a name to the new query language that
Adrian (and Emmanuel) have designed. We already have a number of
suggestions (which I summarize below) but please feel free to add your
own. Please vote.

IQL (Infinispan Query Language, already used by others).
Ickle (Alternate pronunciation of above, also means "small")
LQID (Language for Querying Infinispan Datagrids)
QuIL ("Query Infinispan" Language)

Tristan

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/pull/4617
--