[infinispan-dev] Combining AS modules

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Thu Sep 8 08:06:55 EDT 2016

Ok, I've checked:

the as-modules/client module doesn't really have any reason to exist,
since the as-modules/embedded one contains everything already (and is
misnamed).
Also the problem about the single module is only on the remote side,
which doesn't re-export any of the APIs. The embedded
"org.infinispan.main:x.y" module does it correctly, but I don't like the
name (as it create confusion with the usual "main" slot").

My proposal:
- remove as-modules/client
- move as-modules/embedded to become as-modules
- for symmetry with the uberjars, have an org.infinispan.embedded and
org.infinispan.remote modules which re-export the appropriate APIs.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7007

Tristan