[infinispan-dev] Streams & missing segments

Radim Vansa rvansa at redhat.com
Mon Apr 10 06:39:41 EDT 2017

Hi Will,

rebasing scattered cache PR I've found a test failure when handling
streams, and I'd like to ask you guidance, how to address it.

My problem is that temporarily primary owners can be unknown (when a
node crashes), but streams assume that there's always a primary owner.
Therefore, a remote streams operation must be delayed until a topology
arrives where the new owner is decided.

Could you suggest how should I adapt the code?
ClusteredStreamManagerImpl currently does not hold DistributionManager
reference, ConsistenHash is passed down from DistributedCacheStream, and
it seems that segments are suspected after any unsuccessful response.
Which components should react to topology changes?

Thanks!

Radim

--
Radim Vansa <rvansa at redhat.com>