[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod secured by default

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Thu Apr 13 05:17:12 EDT 2017

Infinispan, Red Hat

> On 13 Apr 2017, at 09:50, Gustavo Fernandes <gustavo at infinispan.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Galder Zamarreño <galder at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> As per some discussions we had yesterday on IRC w/ Tristan, Gustavo and Sebastian, I've created a docker image snapshot that reverts the change stop protected caches from requiring security enabled [1].
>
> In other words, I've removed [2]. The reason for temporarily doing that is because with the change as is, the changes required for a default server distro require that the entire cache manager's security is enabled. This is in turn creates a lot of problems with health and running checks used by Kubernetes/OpenShift amongst other things.
>
> Judging from our discussions on IRC, the idea is for such change to be present in 9.0.1, but I'd like to get final confirmation from Tristan et al.
>

> +1
>
> Regarding the "security by default" discussion, I think we should ship configurations cloud.xml, clustered.xml and standalone.xml with security enabled and disabled variants, and let users
> decide which one to pick based on the use case.

I think that's a better idea.

We could by default have a secured one, but switching to an insecure configuration should be doable with minimal effort, e.g. just switching config file.

As highlighted above, any secured configuration should work out-of-the-box with our docker images, e.g. WRT healthy/running checks.

Cheers,