[infinispan-dev] Jenkins migration

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Fri Apr 21 09:55:22 EDT 2017

Hey!

As you probably have heard I'm migrating our TeamCity installation [1] into
Jenkins (temporarily in [2]).

So far I've managed to migrate all Infinispan builds (with pull requests),
C++/C# clients, JGroups and JGroups Kubernetes. I decided to use the new
Pipeline [3] approach for the builds and keep the configuration along with
the code (here's an example [4]).

The configuration builds *refs/pull/<PR>/head* for Pull Requests at the
moment. I will switch it back to *refs/pull/<PR>/merge* as soon as our PR
queue size is ~20.

Current pain points are:

   - Blue Ocean UI doesn't show tests. It has been reported in [5]. The
   workaround is to use the old Jenkins UI.
   - Windows VM doesn't start on demand (together with Vittorio we will be
   working on this)

The rough plan is:

   - Apr 24th, move other 2 agents from TeamCity to Jenkins
   - Apr 24th, redirect ci.infinispan.org domain
   - May 4th, remove TeamCity

Thanks,
Sebastian

[1] http://ci.infinispan.org/