[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod client sending data to itself - ISPN-8186

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 09:14:31 EDT 2017

Hi,

Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-8186

I've been looking at TRACE logs and what seems to happen is that is that sometimes, when the client needs to create a new Socket, it sends using the same localport as the Hot Rod server port. As a result, when the client sends something to the server, it also receives it, hence it ends finding a request instead of a response. Analysis of the logs linked in the JIRA can be found in [1].

What I'm not sure about is how to fix this... There are ways to potentially pass a specific localport to a Socket [2] but this could be a bit messy: It'd require us to generate a random local port and see if that works, making sure that's not the server port...

However, I think the real problem we're having here is the fact that both the server and client are bound to same IP address, 127.0.0.1. A simpler solution could be a way to get the server to be in a different IP address to the client, but what would that be that IP address and how to make sure it always works? Bind the server to eth0?

Any other ideas?

Cheers,

[1] https://gist.github.com/galderz/b8549259ff65cb74505c9268eeec96a7
[2] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/6/docs/api/java/net/Socket.html#Socket(java.net.InetAddress,%20int,%20java.net.InetAddress,%20int)