[infinispan-dev] Hot Rod client sending data to itself - ISPN-8186

Dennis Reed dereed at redhat.com
Fri Aug 11 14:56:51 EDT 2017

On 08/11/2017 11:50 AM, Galder Zamarreño wrote:
> I must admit this scenario sounds very weird... how does Java allow you for a local port to be bound to a port that's already in use by the server? It doesn't make sense.

You cannot bind to a port that's already in use.

But if you're trying to connect to a port in the ephemeral range that's
not in use, and the OS happens to assign that same IP:port to the local
socket, it can connect to itself.

(We've run into this in JGroups before, and it was a pain to track down
what was going on).

-Dennis