[infinispan-dev] A tool for adjusting configuration

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Aug 28 11:00:18 EDT 2017

Before you start messing with XML itself, you might want to see what we do in Hibernate 2L.

We first load the XML configuration [1], and using the ConfigurationBuilderHolder we can swap cache configurations, we can tweak them...etc, and eventually we create a cache manager out of that.

>From the tweaked configuration, you could potentiallt chuck out XML. That's a better approach IMO than using XPath or similar tech.

Cheers,

[1] https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/master/hibernate-cache/src/main/java/org/infinispan/hibernate/cache/InfinispanRegionFactory.java#L547

> On 28 Aug 2017, at 13:41, Sebastian Laskawiec <slaskawi at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> Hey,
>
> Our cloud integration bits require a tool for adjusting the configuration for certain use cases. A common example would be - take this `cloud.xml` file, remove all caches, add a new, replicated cache as default one.
>
> The tool should take either configuration or a file name as input (e.g. `config-tool --add-default-cache -f cloud.xml` or `cat cloud.xml | config-tool --add-default-cache > cloud-new.xml`) and print out configuration either to System Out or to a file.
>
> Do you have any ideas what could I use to write such a tool? Those technologies come into my mind:
> 	• Perl
> 	• Python
> 	• Java (probably with some XPath library)
> Thoughts? Ideas? Recommendations?
>
> Thanks,
> Sebastian
> --