[infinispan-dev] Exposure location of Minimum Node Required

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 10:18:55 EST 2017

Recently I have been working on [1]. Calculating this value is not a hard
task. However as usual the hardest thing is where does this live and what
is its name.

In regards to its location I have a few places I was thinking:

1. CacheImpl/CacheManagerImpl - it would just be an exposed ManagedAttribute
This is my least favorite.

2. CacheMgmtInterceptor/Stats/ClusterStats
This is available at both cache and cluster levels, but this isn't really a
stat. However this one is the only option I found that actually aggregates
all nodes data to be presented, which would give a better estimate (since
each node can have a varying amount of data they could each have a
different idea of required node count).

3. CacheHealth/ClusterHealth
This is available at both cache and cluster levels. However these were
designed for health checks, but it seems like a legitimate place to me. The
only problem is the values aren't aggregated and just called from 1 node.

I am personally leaning towards #2 or #3. Also I am open if we have other
alternatives I am not aware of :) Let me know what you all think?

[1] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-6879