[infinispan-dev] Major version cleaning

Bela Ban bban at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 11:12:47 EST 2017

On 20/02/17 17:06, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> Hi guys, we discussed about this a little bit in the past and this
> morning on IRC. Here are some proposed removals:
>
> - Remove the async transactional modes, as they are quite pointless
> - Remove batching: users should use transactions

How do you make a bunch of modifications and send them asynchronously if
both batching *and* async TXs are getting removed?

So if someone wants to apply a unit of work *atomically* (either all
modifications within that unit of work are applied, or none), what
alternatives exist?

--
Bela Ban, JGroups lead (http://www.jgroups.org)