[infinispan-dev] Major version cleaning

Tristan Tarrant ttarrant at redhat.com
Mon Feb 20 15:11:27 EST 2017

On 20/02/17 19:02, Sanne Grinovero wrote:
> -1 to batch removal
>
> Frankly I've always been extremely negative about the fact that
> batches are built on top of transactions.

I think the discussion is pointless without clearing up what the
expected semantics of a batch should be and what the expected advantages
over individual invocations should be.
A batch is just a glorified putAll which also supports removes. All
write ops are queued locally and are then sent in groups to the
respective owners. What you get is deferred invocations and 1 remote
invocation per unique owner. What you don't get is atomicity and
isolation. You should use transactions for that.

Tristan
--
Tristan Tarrant
Infinispan Lead