[infinispan-dev] Classloader leaks?

Sanne Grinovero sanne at infinispan.org
Thu Feb 23 05:19:21 EST 2017

Hi Dan,
thanks! Yes I concur: while this module seems to have some high leaks
I also suspect now that it's unrelated to the failure.

Looks like the "too many files" exception can be thrown for a wide
number of reasons,

FYI these tests fail "almost consistently" for me:

Failed tests:
  ByteArrayKeyDistEmbeddedHotRodTest.setup:27 » IllegalState failed to
create a ...
  ByteArrayKeyReplEmbeddedHotRodTest.setup:87 » IllegalState failed to
create a ...
  ByteArrayValueDistEmbeddedHotRodTest.setup:27 » IllegalState failed
to create ...
  ByteArrayValueReplEmbeddedHotRodTest.setup:87 » IllegalState failed
to create ...
  DistEmbeddedHotRodBulkTest.setup:36 » IllegalState failed to create
a child ev...
  DistEmbeddedRestHotRodTest.setup:25 » IllegalState failed to create
a child ev...
  DistL1EmbeddedHotRodTest.setup:30 » IllegalState failed to create a
child even...
  DistMemcachedEmbeddedTest.setup:39 » Transport Could not fetch transport
org.infinispan.it.compatibility.EmbeddedHotRodCacheListenerTest.setup(org.infinispan.it.compatibility.EmbeddedHotRodCacheListenerTest)
  Run 1: EmbeddedHotRodCacheListenerTest.setup:36 » IllegalState
failed to create a chi...
  Run 2: PASS
  Run 3: PASS

  EmbeddedMemcachedCacheListenerTest.setup:39 » IllegalState failed to
create a ...
  EmbeddedRestMemcachedHotRodTest.setup:50 » IllegalState failed to
create a chi...
  ReplEmbeddedRestHotRodTest.setup:38 » Channel Unable to create
Channel from cl...

If I run it a dozen times, I get the same report (exactly the same
tests failing) in 11 cases, and in one case it just passes all test.
I'm pretty sure I'm not running out of FDs anymore.

I'll open a JIRA and move on, as I just needed to verify some PRs but
need to switch focus to my own projects:
I hope someone with more Netty experience will be interested enough to
have a look, I can try reproducing
eventual fixes.

 - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7517

Thanks all!