[infinispan-dev] Property substitution for attributes that are part of paths - ISPN-7326

Galder Zamarreño galder at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 08:49:34 EST 2017

Hey Paul,

Re: https://issues.jboss.org/browse/ISPN-7326

I have some doubts how to achieve what I'm trying to do in ^

More specifically, backup's 'site' attribute and remote-site's name attributes are special in the sense that they're not represented as SimpleAttributeDefinition instances. Instead, it seems like they're expected to be fully resolved when the XML read since they are part of path addresses.

Resolution when XML is read does not work since reading is done by the host controller and I'd want the resolution to happen when the particular server node starts up.

So, what would be the best way to achieve what I'm after?

One way I was thinking is maybe leaving the XML reading part as is, and only when the cache is added, do the resolution manually there. However, this does not seem to work as is, because the XML attribute is already resolved when I add the cache and it's resolved to the default value (cos process controller was not started with -D...), so I can't seem to get the original XML value. Moreover, even if this was resolved, would it be fine for the path address to have the default value for the property in it, and the actual cache configured with the name passed via system property? Doesn't sound right...

Any other way? Maybe add separate SimpleAttributeDefinition instances for these XML attributes on top of their path address values?

Infinispan, Red Hat