[infinispan-dev] HotRod Server Test Decoder Perf Changes

William Burns mudokonman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 13:05:25 EST 2017

I just wanted to take a quick sec to make people aware of a recent change
to the HotRodTestingUtils class.  If you are utilizing this class to create
your hotrod server you may need to tweak how you are calling it [1].

What this change does is install an additional decoder which only sends 1
byte at a time down the netty stack.  This is important for testing as it
will find any replay issues we have with our decoder.  The drawback is that
this slows down decoding a little bit.

For those of you who don't wish to have this enabled, such as when running
performance tests, there is an overloaded method that does just that! [2]
Just make sure you pass true as the argument to the perf argument and
everything should run as it was before the change.

 - Will

[1]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/commit/2cfc205626837ff675033635cfacc67f7638b537#diff-fb3498f5315ea1259f86b8099c29661a
[2]