[infinispan-dev] Netty SSL Context, was [Hot Rod secured by default]

Sebastian Laskawiec slaskawi at redhat.com
Thu Jun 1 05:51:46 EDT 2017

I think I've just found the reason why we can not migrate in OpenSSL by
default :(

In server scenario we obtain S*SL*Context (the one from JDK; Netty has
similar S*sl*Context) from WildFly. It is already configured along with
sercurity realms, domains etc. We then get into this branch of code [1].

In order to do fancy things like SNI we need to remap JDK's SSLContext into
Netty's SslContext and the only implementation that can consume SSLContext
we have at hand is JdkSslContext.

I honestly have no idea how we could refactor this... And that's a shame
because OpenSSL is way faster...

[1]
https://github.com/infinispan/infinispan/blob/830b5314e5d6763aff239584026a7a9d15f01666/server/core/src/main/java/org/infinispan/server/core/utils/SslUtils.java#L29-L29

SEBASTIAN ŁASKAWIEC