[infinispan-dev] Quick fix for ISPN-7710

Adrian Nistor anistor at redhat.com
Thu Jun 15 05:05:31 EDT 2017

Hi Galder,

this fix is acceptable for now as it quickly enables users to use
CompatibilityProtoStreamMarshaller (provided by Infinispan), but in the
long run we would want users to be able to specify a custom marshaller
class that comes from a user supplied module or even a deployment - the
general case.

With the introduction of encoders and deprecation of compat mode we
still have the same class loading issue in the general case. So I
propose to refine a bit our approach and instead of specifying just a
class name we should use a naming schema like "moduleId:slot:className",
giving users the ability to specify a class that comes from a different
module or deployment. I'm currently experimenting with this. I'll come
back with results soon.

There are also other code bits that need to be deployed in the server
ASAP: protostream entity marshallers, lucene analyzers. I'm thinking
these could all benefit from the same solution.

Btw, what is the relation between ISPN-7814 and ISPN-7710 ?

Adrian