[infinispan-dev] KUBE_PING changes

Thomas SEGISMONT tsegismont at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 05:40:10 EDT 2017

Hi everyone,

Thank you for this great work, the dependency diet and the extra port
removal are both very useful. The extra port removal is key to enable
Vert.x clustering in Openshift S2I environments.

I tried the new KUBE_PING (beta1) with vertx-infinispan and it worked fine.
I have a few questions though.

I couldn't configure it with env variables. Before you ask, yes I noticed
the name changes ;-) I only had a quick look at JGroups config code but it
seems it only resolves system properties. Did it work for you because you
tried with an Infinispan server?

Since I couldn't configure it externally I had to create a custom JGroups
file. Usually, we recommend [1] Vert.x users to add the infinispan-cloud
dependency and a system property:
-Dvertx.jgroups.config=default-configs/default-jgroups-kubernetes.xml

My custom JGroups file is a just a copy of
default-configs/default-jgroups-kubernetes.xml in which I added the
masterHost and namespace properties.

Is it still recommended to use the
default-configs/default-jgroups-kubernetes.xml stack ? Or is any change
planned after the KUBE_PING changes?
I wouldn't expect a protocol implementation change to impact a stack
configuration but they say there are no stupid questions :)

Thank you,
Thomas

[1] http://vertx.io/docs/vertx-infinispan/java/#_configuring_for_openshift_3